I have been happily married since September 2002 to my wonderful wife Tifany. We have 4 children; our beautiful identical twin girls, the younger and angelic baby girl and our kick butt son. I am a technology geek at heart, with a passion for new technology.
Do you have 1 minute? Watch and listen to 4 decadesof my life summarized!
More time? Feel free to view resume: Alex Putman Resume
NOTE: I am very happy and not seeking other opportunities; Case-Mate is the bomb!!
I am the Director of Talent Attraction & Recruitment Branding for Case-Mate, a global mobile fashion accessory company that is the coolest place I have ever worked!! I am responsible for global recruiting, talent management and recruitment branding. Additionally, I have been involved in Talent Acquisition and Human Resources with technology firms since 1996 including; Panasonic Mobile Communications and Datapath (now Rockwell Collins) along with long term stints on the agency side.
This background has transitioned into a passionate love affair with social media! I love the combination of technology, creativity, networking (or as my daughter stated “knowing everybody’s business”). I have presented to groups of 200+ on a variety of talent acquisition and social media topics including interactive workshops on social recruiting. You can view my presentations on SlideShare.
My passion for social media led to the formation of a digital media marketing and consulting firm; Social T-Rex Digital. We consider ourselves social media strategist and enthusiast (not “experts”, whatever that means) assisting companies in creating their social media strategies, specifically in Recruitment Branding.
In 2011, I was estatic to become the VP of Social Media for SHRM-Atlanta and in 2013 will serve as the EVP of Marketing. It has been fulfilling and the opportunity to work on highly visible social media projects with some of the best of Atlanta!
My first “big break” in the world of blogging received recognition from industry giant Dave Mendoza. He interviewed and featured me on his blog! Complete article click here.
Serve as a Social Media Manager/Representative for:
- SHRM-Atlanta: Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Foursquare, G+ and Blog
- LinkedIn: Atlanta Mobile Products, Panasonic Alumni (2200+) Panasonic Mobile Alumni, Case-Mate Careers
- Facebook: Atlanta HR Prayer Community, Social T-Rex , Case-Mate Careers
- Twitter: @alexputman @SocialTRex
- YouTube: Kids With Talent, Social T-Rex TV , Case-Mate Careers
- Talent Management Magazine (Social Media and the Candidate Experience – 4/2013)
- Atlanta Business Chronicle (Employers Turn to Social Media to Find Talent – 2013)
- Monster.com (Candidate Experience Interview at HR Tech 2012)
- Dice.com (Candidate Experience interview at HR Tech 2012)
- Building a Talent Community (webinar – 2012)
- Atlanta Journal Constitution (news article quote – 2012)
- Business Radio X @SHRM-Atlanta 2012 Conference (radio – 2012)
- University of Georgia Presentation (classroom – 2010)
Social/charity work including:
- Habitat for Humanity of Atlanta
- Angel Tree Program
- March of Dimes
- Toys for Tots
- Speaking at various events geared towards jobseekers (see Engagements & Events page)
- Name EVP of Marketing for SHRM-Atlanta in 2013
- In 2011 I became part of the SHRM Atlanta Marketing and PR team and named VP of Social Media.
- Social Media Manager for the Atlanta HR Prayer Breakfast
- Coach Upwards Basketball for girls age 6-8 year old, 9-11 year old girls and Kindergarten boys
- Committee member for the Atlanta HR Prayer Community and built/manage the Facebook Fan Page!
Lastly, I am working on a book (which turned into two books as of April 2011), a life-long dream! Stay tuned!! 1st draft complete 1/1/13
Now that you know me a little better, I hope to get the opportunity to learn more about you!
- The Future of Human Resources and Social Media (mashable.com)